California Consumer Privacy Act
Privacy Notice for California Residents (CCPA)
- This notice has been adopted in order to to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other privacy laws. All terms defined in this notice have the same meaning as they do within the CCPA.
- When used in this document, “you” or “your” refers to visitors and users of QADeputy products and websites who live in the State of California.
- “QADeputy” refers to “QADeputy, Inc.”
- “Personal Information” refers to information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device. Personal information does not include Publicly available information from government records, aggregated or anonymized consumer information, or other Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
Information QADeputy Collects
QADeputy collects the following categories of Personal Information from consumers:
QADeputy gathers Personal Information from the following categories of sources:–>
- Directly from our clients or their authorized representatives.
- Indirectly from our clients or their authorized representatives.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our websites.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services QADeputy performs.
Use of Personal Information
QADeputy may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- QADeputy will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
QADeputy may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When QADeputy discloses Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter an agreement outlining the purpose of the information sharing and require the party to both keep that Personal Information secure, and not use it for any purpose except performing those defined by the agreement.
In general, QADeputy discloses the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records Personal Information categories.
- Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
QADeputy discloses your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in order to provide services to you.
QADeputy does not sell your Personal Information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request details about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once QADeputy receives and verifies your request, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Information QADeputy collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information QADeputy collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom QADeputy shares that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information QADeputy collected about you (also known as a data portability request).
If QADeputy disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose or sold it, you will also be given information on:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that QADeputy deletes Personal Information collected and retained. After QADeputy receives and verify your request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless CCPA provides an exception.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at 833-699-0324 or Emailing email@example.com.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf can make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may make a verifiable consumer request two times within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom QADeputy collected Personal Information or are an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
If we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you, we cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify their identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
QADeputy will respond to most consumer requests within 45 days of their receipt. If QADeputy requires more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the additional time needed and reason(s) in writing. If you have an account with QADeputy, we will deliver this response to the email associated with that account. If you do not have an account with QADeputy, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically depending on your preference.
The information QADeputy provides will cover the past 12-month period prior to the request being received. The response may also detail why we cannot comply with a request.
For data portability requests, we will provide your Personal Information in a format that should allow you to use and transmit the information between entities as needed.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your twice-yearly verifiable consumer requests.
QADeputy will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, QADeputy will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to Contact Us
Or write to us at:
QADeputy Test Management
2777 Loker Ave. West, Suite A
Carlsbad, CA 92010
United States of America